LEOcoin is an established digital currency that allows individuals to make fast and secure transactions through a decentralised peer-to-peer network. It’s digital cash and it works without the need for bank or transfer fees. LEOcoin is based on a total Proof of Stake system.
LEOcoin Merchants is a global platform that facilitates the buying and selling of products and services globally. By providing a web platform for commerce it further promotes and widens the use of LEOcoin.
LEOcoin was created in 2014 by the LEOcoin Foundation in response to the difficulties entrepreneurs faced when dealing with financial service providers. When starting out in business the margins are thin. Especially when dealing with customers overseas, the fees charged by banks and money transmission services make global business transactions almost impossible. LEOcoin was created to allow businesses to operate across borders.
In the knowledge that the bigger the user community the more effective the LEOcoin would be to the public, the LEOcoin Foundation embarked on a drive to provide education and marketing as well as development support. To reinforce the motivation to make LEOcoin accessible to all, the LEOxChange was opened in London and Hong Kong in 2015 designed and operated to provide a platform for increased participation. How to buy lEOcoin? In 2017 the number of exchanges offering LEOcoin has entered double digits.
In 2016 LEOcoin moved to Proof of Stake in order to allow more people with little technical expertise to become involved with LEOcoin.
LEOcoin has undergone many developmental stages. In 2017, development of the blockchain technology allows holders of LEOcoin wallets to engage in private conversations (peer to peer or in groups) and to undertake direct and private payments, reducing further the need to engage with financial intermediaries.
- Total coinage: 1 billion
- Ticker: LEO
- Block time: 1 minute
- Difficulty retarget: 15 blocks
- Stake Interest: 10-20%
- Staking time: 60 blocks
- Minimum Stake Age: 24 hours
- Maximum Stake Age: One Year
- Source code: GitHub.
- POS (Proof Of Stake). LEOcoin is a full POS coin, with rewards ranging from 10% to 20% annually, depending on the total amount of LEOcoins in the wallet. From 1,000-4,999 the reward is 10%, from 5,000-49,999 the reward is 15% and from 50,000 and above the reward is 20% per annum.
- The new encryption feature available in the LEOcoin wallet allows for complete privacy on all wallet to wallet transactions.
- Chat feature allows the participants to communicate using their LEOcoin wallets in complete privacy from the outside world.