DENT Coin is a new cryptocurrency that promises to disrupt the mobile data industry in the world. The company Dentcoin is called DENT Wireless Limited. The company’s goal is to liberate mobile data by allowing anyone to buy, sell, and donate data through the Ethereum blockchain. The dent coin lies at the center of this market. It is a universal currency for data markets.
This is the goal of the DENT project developers to ensure that in the future they can influence mobile service providers in order to obtain better conditions than they have now. Obviously, mobile data has become a valuable necessity over the past few years. It is an important commodity for people in developed and underdeveloped parts of the world. Through the DENT ecosystem, users can connect to each other on a blockchain-based platform to buy, sell, and donate their unused mobile data.
ICO start date: 2017-07-26
What is Dent?
The developers of DENT had an idea to create a platform where each participant will be able to resell their mobile traffic (Internet, calls, etc.) to other network members. This idea came after the published data by Cisco, which indicated that worldwide users of mobile devices bought traffic worth $32 billion, of which 15% i.e. $4.8 billion and remain unused.
DENT will be the global exchange for mobile data where – in the final scale – the world’s mobile data is sold, bought or donated, just like other commodities such as currencies are traded today. DENT will make data pricing transparent, and through automated bidding increases efficiency of purchase, just like spot markets and mobile advertising today. DENT Tokens will be the global currency for the exchange of mobile data packages. The possibility of exchanging a package to a more suitable one, especially in the advent of eSIMs will allow the use of multiple operators on a single phone will drive telcos to compete.
More information in the project whitepaper: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxFqoCUOdNTgWk5vSm9UQVotblk/view
Mining Dent coins
As per its architecture, this cryptocoin is not mineable. Instead, these coins can be bought from a number of popular exchanges.
Here is a list of all the wallets that support the storage of DENT coins.
Other than this, there is a native DENT mobile app that can be used for storing these cryptocoins.
DENT market cap on 12 OCT 2017: $3,467,736
DENT price on 12 OCT 2017: $0.000327
Perspectives and price prediction
Given the fact that by 2020, mobile phones will be owned by about 5.4 billion people, this feature of buying traffic sales will be very useful, because very often we meet with a situation that the operator imposes on us additional megabytes of the Internet or the amount of roaming in the form of a connected package. But it often happens that half of these services are not used by us, these mobile traffic services, you can resell.
The DENT coin may be the first attempt to democratize the world of mobile data, making it easier for people around the world to trade mobile data on a peer-to-peer network. So, the Dent coin price can rocket in the future.
- This blockchain-based exchange will be managed and operated through the DENT mobile app.
- This app is available for both Android and iOS.
- Additionally, this app allows the users to use a wallet service where the coins can be stored.
- This app’s biggest highlight is an interface that is easy to use and free from clutter or lags.
- Before using the app, users will have to register their number and even get it verified.
- This platform will just check a user’s carrier and country before suggesting specific plans suitable for her/him.
- Additionally, a user may even view all peers who are available within her/his country or worldwide.
- Users can check their respective marketplace to know the data rates that are currently available in their immediate vicinity.
- Furthermore, the prices of these cryptocoins can be viewed constantly on this app.
- Also, based on the network’s sales, the DENT’s earnings can be checked by a user through this application.
- Launch the Android app in Q1 2018 with parity of functions with the iOS app.
- Running tokens or DENT data while viewing ads will allow users to use the app regularly.
- Adding worldwide prepaid SIM cards for DENT, offering to fully cover the need for prepaid customers.
- Adding more countries and more operators to provide mobile data.
- Target: 1 million registered users in mid-2018, DENT is becoming one of the most used blockchain applications counted by the number of users.
- Launch of DENT Exchange Webapp to open trading in the second quarter of 2018.
- Strategic negotiations with Telcos for close cooperation until 2018.